" What shall be the day's farewell whisperings to night,

Ere Sun's farewell whisperings to day's gentlest sight.

I havest listened to it many times,...

Standing in the shores in twilights.

At last I understand,

Every farewell whisperings hast the same soul ever;

Not other than the soul of love that sayth farewell never. "

Tuesday, 1 November 2011

A love song



To my innocent friend, whose soul is
Clear’st as the streams of my dreams,
And pur’st as the white roses in my garden:

Some day shall we meet other than in my dreams,
Or never shall we gather other than in my dreams.
I shall touch your face other than in a trance one day.
Or never shall I see you other than in my trances.
Keep me in your remembrance and lov’st me
As the day lov’th the night.
Never shall they gather; and never shall they stay apart.
Never may we gather; never shall you be
Parted from me without tearing my spirit into pieces.
Let my thirst be satisfied, drinking the honey,
You gives me through your living words;
And let not the dying hours send me
Into your forgetfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment